And this one is long overdue. Thank you Rambling Rebecca for thinking of me and considering me creative, also for so many good reads throughout the summer.
At the beginning of the summer, I had no one reading My Bucket of Parts - The Appendix. I would post it via e-mail to friends, but no one was leaving comments. Then, when I began adding links to my del.icio.us sight, I came across The Center For Improved Living, clicked on a few links and here I am today...commenting on many other blogs, becoming a part of something so large.
I have been writing columns since my sophomore year in college. It was haphazard, but it was called My Bucket of Parts because I collect Mr. Potatoheads, and it fit. I think it was a fairly well-read column, because it was random and humorous, compared to the English majors who tried to write philosophical meanderings or political riff-raff.
I began to create those columns on blogs such as Xanga and LiveJournal. After moving my content onto my own personal site at My Bucket of Parts, I needed something that wasn't as structured, and so The Appendix was born. The non-structure of it has aided in my bettering of My Bucket of Parts, and now it's come full circle.
I enjoy it all, the writing, the humor, the drawing, the photography. I keep a notebook, and I haven't written in it as much because The Appendix has become it's digital substitute.
I'm still new at reading people's blogs and may not have five, but I wanted to let these people know that I admire their creative audacity:
1. I just came across Quiet in the Stacks a short while ago, and it was easy to find because it was a Blogger Blog of Note, but it is funny. Plus, her pooch is adorable (in video format) -- and don't even get me started on Phallic Fridays!
2. Another Blog of Note that I admire is the Things Look Like Things. Pictures and words (along with the occasional cupcake) are taken from across the Web and turned into beautiful collections. It is a very visual site. Please check it out.
3. They probably won't get a post that they've received this, but I want to let the world know what I think about them. I don't read romance, but I do read Smart Bitches Who Love Trashy Books. They are smart, sassy and I laugh out loud. Steph thinks it's funny that I read this site, but you would, too.
4. My last posting, this one is semi-professional, is another that probably won't realize I'm giving him an online *high five*. I subscribe to a video podcast called Yogamazing, and it is the most beneficial yoga class outside of going to actual yoga classes. It's not too late to get started, so download these well-put-together video podcasts at his Blogger sight.
1) If you have received an award simply choose either the dark or light background image and save it to your files, then post it proudly on your blog!
2) Pass the award on to five other people, you can choose any of the awards from the series, you do not have to pass out the exact award you received. Choose whichever of the awards below that you'd like to give out. You can give out one of each or five of the same one, whatever you prefer.
3) You can change the size and color of awards to suit your blog, that's up to you, it's your blog, just leave the titles the same.
4) Please link back to this post so that people can read these rules and so that the meanings of the awards will not be lost.